Like Brian, I expected this would work right in 2.0.10 and 2.1.0, so
I'm a bit surprised it didn't work.

Having said that, let me remind you what I said earlier... ;-)
> This just won't work at all, at least not consistently. Build a
> different jar containing just the classes you DON'T override, and
> depend on it instead.

I've just run into too many odd problems as a result of trying to
override classes like this that I simply refuse to go this route at
this point. Making sure your jars are in the right order in Maven plus
your Web container and any other environments you may use them in is
just too much work when you can "solve" this pretty easily with your
own build of the jar minus certain classes.

Wayne