In the pom for the archetype I'm creating (archetype-resources/pom.xml), I'm
referencing ${project.build.directory}. Which is causing an error when
creating/generating a project from the archetype..

org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference :
template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 15,column 18] :
${project.build.directory} is not a valid reference.

, I'm I missing something, or do I not have access to the standard maven2
properties when defining my own archetypes!?