On 23/04/2009, Jon Bråten <vale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to set the default locale to be used in JUnit tests run by
>  maven-surefire-plugin? I've tried adding "-Duser.language=nn" and
>  "-Duser.country=NN" to the maven command issued, but is does not affect the
>  test runs.
>
>  The issue at hand is, ofcourse, tests failing due to formatting variations
>  in amounts and alike. It can be discussed wether these tests are useful, and
>  either way its an alternative to hardcode the locale in the tests
>  themselves. But still, I'm curious as to why surefire appears to ignore the
>  locale specified at command line :)
>
>  Anyone?

I think that is because Maven runs the tests in a separate (forked)
process by default, so the properties are lost.

See:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/debugging.html

Try adding -DforkMode=none and see it that helps.

Otherwise see:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/system-properties.html

which describes how to define system properties in the POM.