Hello,

I'm trying to create a plugin that can either run in process or run in
a separate process.  To run in a separate process I need to examine
the plugins dependencies and resolve them in case they have been
overridden in the pom.  For instance, I want to be able to do

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.3levers.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <configuration>
    <background>false</background>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Which has a dependency on dependency.groupId:artifactId:1.1

I'd like to allow users to define their own version of the dependency such as

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.3levers.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <configuration>
    <background>false</background>
  </configuration>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>dependency.groupId</groupId>
      <artifactId>artifactId</artifactId>
      <version>1.2</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</plugin>

To do that, I need to somehow be able to find the overridden
dependencies version.  I'll now the groupId and artifactId ahead of
time and be able to hardcode them in the plugin.  I just haven't been
able to figure out how to get that version, of even better the
artifact itself, and all of it's dependencies so I can build the
classpath for the forked process.

I've tried using the MavenProject.getPluginArtifacts() but that only
gives me the plugin artifacts and I can't get the plugins dependencies
from that.  Is there any way I can do this or do I have to settle with
the plugin dependency version not being overrideable?

Thanks,
Rich