Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> I guess you can file an enhancement request for this use, but I'm not sure
> it would really make sense. Since you're likely to want to test this kind
> of
> dependency too in your tests. At least, IMO you'll have to provide a good
> use case to justify this new feature.

Hello; I'd like to add to this issue by supplying a compile-time-only scope
use case.

When building JPA applications, often one wants to compile in support for
all the various annotations from the persistence providers (Hibernate,
EclipseLink and OpenJPA).  I would like to make it so that all three of
these libraries are available only at compile time, but only [i]one[/i] of
them is available at test time.

Currently I have them all specified as scope=provided, and while that works,
I would really like to test my classes in the presence of only one of these
libraries, not all three.  To put it another way, I want to ensure that
although I reference EclipseLink annotations in my project, I don't need
EclipseLink on the runtime/test path.  I have no way of doing this that I
know of inside my Maven project.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Laird