Now that I found (it was told to me :)) what plugin could help me out I,
maybe, found a problem in it.

In my pom I want to check that several properties are set, everything works
fine if the properties are set in the .m2/settings.xml file.
Now I need these properties to be in a property file, in my case
src/main/filters/filter.properties:

# filter.properties
filter.file.value=src/main/filters/filter.properties

in my pom I added:
<filters>
  <filter>src/main/filters/filter.properties</filter>
</filters>

and in the enforcer tags:
<requireProperty>
  <property>filter.file.value</property>
  <message>value set to: ${filter.file.value}</message>
</requireProperty>

if I run mvn i get the following:
[WARNING] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireProperty failed
with message:
value set to: null

if I check in the output file though i see:
<jndi:value
type="java.lang.String">src/main/filters/filter.properties</jndi:value>

why is that? shouldn't enforcer be able to read properties set in external
property files?

rgds