Hello,

I'm kind of new to the assembly plugin but I'm starting to get some stuff out of it. However there is one trick I couldn't get to work so far, so I'm looking for some help on this.

Here is my situation: I have a bunch of projects which all produce a jar file (without any resources, just classes) and a zip file containing all the resources (no classes, no jars). This works smoothly and I'm very happy of the output they each produce. On addition to that, I have four projects that are various combination of the projects mentionned above. What I would like to do is to have them produce a zip file with the following structure: all the resources (located in the zip previously created) of the projects they depend of at the top of the zip file, and within a lib directory, all the jars they depend of. To do this, I have added 2 dependecy sets: one to include all jars and place them in a lib directory, and one to unpack all my zips. I think I'm really close to a solution, but I have one problem, which is that all my classes are also included along the resources. It seems that the exclusion patterns donnot work with the second dependency set.
Is there a way to get to what I would like, or is this simply not possible?

Many thanks in advance

Guillaume Polet

My assembly descriptor for those four projects look like this:
<assembly>
 <id>packaging</id>
 <formats>
   <format>zip</format>
 </formats>
 <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
 <dependencySets>
   <dependencySet>
     <includes>
         <include>*.jar</include>