Can you send me the error message you are getting when you do a
eclipse:eclipse, or a clean install?

--- On Mon, 8/6/09, Peter Horlock <peter.horl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

From: Peter Horlock <peter.horl...@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: eclipse:eclipse
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Date: Monday, 8 June, 2009, 11:44 AM

2009/6/8 SEAN MCELROY <sean.mcel...@btinternet.com>
Hi Peter,

I don't know if this will solve your problem but I suspect it might. Try
creating a manifest file - src/main/resources/META-INF/

> MANIFEST.MF if the META-INF directory does not exists create it. Then add
> something like this to your manifest:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
> Created-By: Apache Maven
> Built-By: <Your Name Here>
> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_06
> Main-Class: <my.main.Class>
> Class-Path: . lib/commons-io-1.4.jar lib/hibernate-3.2.6.ga.jar ...
>
> You need to change: Build-By, Build-Jdk, Main-Class and Class-Path. The
> Class-Path is a space delimited set of jars the compose you class path.

So in other words, you are suggesting that I would manually update the
classpath every time?

Hm, not the best option either, I guess. Well now I got my (new) company to
accept that this problem is a problem, even though it only happens to me (so
far), and we try to fix the problem itself, instead of trying to change how
maven sets up the build path for me.
As I see it now, the problem is Java 6 with cocoon 2.1.11.
Cocoon 2.1.11 uses excalibur-xmlutil 2.1 which uses jtidy which implemts
org.w3c classes that are implemented by
the JDK 6 itself. I found a newer version of jtidy in a hibernate project,
this one does not reimplement the org.w3c classes,
however, then there is another third party jar in excalibur-xmutil 2.1,
xml-apis 2.0.2 that also reimplements org.w3c classes and I got the same
conflict.
Looking on the maven repo, there is:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xml-apis/xml-apis/ where 2.0.2 is the newest
version,
and there is http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xml-apis/xml-apis-ext/1.3.04/

which seems to be newer - I assume, yet don't know, that this might be a
newer version of xml-apis,
that was deployed after Java 6 was out, so it might be just the same but
without the java 6 org.w3c classes?

Is that so? Did anyone of you ever have this or a similar problem?
What's the best way to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Peter