Dear Members

I know how to create a default project according to maven structure

like
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

and work without problem, but in this link
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

I see this structure, specially the bold part (I need these folders)

my-app
|-- pom.xml
`-- src
    |-- main
    |   |-- java
    |   |   `-- com
    |   |       `-- mycompany
    |   |           `-- app
    |   |               `-- App.java
    |   `-- resources
    |       `-- META-INF
    |           `-- application.properties
    `-- test
        `-- java
            `-- com
                `-- mycompany
                    `-- app
                        `-- AppTest.java

The comand mvn archetype:create .... (already written above)
doesnt create neither resources nor META-INF folders

Therefore
Must I do this by hand?
or
is there a special command to have these folders in the structure?

Thanks in advanced