2009/6/15 Peter Horlock <peter.horl...@googlemail.com>

> No one here using OSGI + Maven?

I'm sure there are several people here using OSGi + Maven (me for one)

however, this doesn't sound like a general OSGi issue as such, because OSGi
doesn't actually mandate a
specific layout of bundles - instead your layout is specific to Equinox, the
OSGi framework used by Eclipse
(and therefore BIRT which is an Eclipse project)

you could perhaps look into using the headless Eclipse/PDE build, but this
can be painful to use - IMHO the
best (and simplest) option is just use the assembly plugin to arrange
everything

What about the plugin I found:
> http://mvn-dp-plugin.sourceforge.net/site/plugin-info.html
>
> Could that do the trick?

well that plugin generates standard OSGi deployment packages:

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v41/org/osgi/service/deploymentadmin/DeploymentPackage.html

which are a way to atomically install and update a collection of bundles,
managed by the deployment
admin bundle (so you need this installed) - while you can use this to deploy
apps onto a framework
it won't help you do the initial bootstrapping, so you'd still need to mimic
some of the Equinox layout

another option might be to use pax-runner to generate the Equinox layout:

   http://issues.ops4j.org/browse/PAXRUNNER-177
   http://paxrunner.ops4j.org/space/Pax+Runner

but I still think using the assembly plugin would be simplest approach
initially

Thanks,

--
Cheers, Stuart