It would much more powerful to perform that transformation when you actually
deploy the artifacts on the server instead of burning the value in something
you could potentially deploy on the repository

I would leave the token in the file and add a filtering procedure when the
app is built and deployed. You lost the ability to copy an ear right the way
but you could have that with a separate project that relies on your ear and
perform the transformation for you.

S.