I don't think dlls are looked up in classpath. JVM locates them using java.library.path value. IIRC, this property includes PATH value in Windows and LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Unix. You can add your own directory path to either the property or to appropriate environment property.

Thanks,
Sahoo

marc2020 wrote:
I've just mavenised a project which contained several 3rd party DLLs

I've included the DLLs in the POM as dependancies, with the type = dll

When the project is built, the lib folder correctly contains all the DLLs -
however, at the point my project attempts to call functions in a DLL,
classes in that DLL cannot be found.

I believe the problem is, when the jar is built, the manifest doesn't
reference any of the DLLs in the class-path section. It only contains JARs,
despite them being dependancies in the POM

How can I alter the POM, such Maven references the DLLs in the manifest's
class-path?

Thanks for any help !!