I've got an automated build that runs on Hudson that is producing a WAR
that cannot load and run.  It appears that it is picking up extra
dependencies during the build process.  One of those is
spring-2.0.6.jar.  I believe this is causing my load/run problem because
the error I get is related to loading the Spring context.  My question
is simply this...

Can anyone tell me why a Maven build would pick up extra dependencies if
everything appears to be the same between two machines.  Same JDK, same
version of Maven, same settings.xml in .m2, same build command ("mvn
clean install").  Yet, the automated build ends up with 5 extra jars in
the WEB-INF/lib directory.  I'm stumped, and this is causing us a world
of problems.

Thanks in advance.
Dave