On 01/11/2010 08:51 PM, Patrick Sansoucy wrote:
Sorry to jump on the thread, but I'm a bit surprised by (and curious about) the behavior exposed here and the fact that Mina does not detect it ...

Is the connections between your 2 boxes direct (ie no proxy or firewall) because I witnessed a couple of years ago the exact same behavior with one of our application and we found out that the issue was that a proxy was leaving the socket hanging there making the client or server think it was still active.

No, the connection is direct.

I think the issue is as Emmanuel said: the connection is dead, but since there were no messages going back and forth for a long time, my code never finds out about it.

DR