There are two ways

1. Mimic keep alive filter - it sends keep alive messages after every
'x' seconds

2. Keep a tab of all open sessions, and after an interval iterate over
all the active sessions and write a message on the session.

thanks
ashish

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Steve Buster
<stevebuster...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to develop a client / server application that can basically be
> related to a stockticker application.  The client simply connects to the
> server, and from there the server constantly sends data updates.  How is this
> done in MINA. I'm brand new to MINA and was looking through the simple
> samples and based on the generic API, it looks like the method on the server
> "messageReceived" expects the client to constantly poll the server.  Is there
> a way to open the connection and just constantly push the data (every 1,2..5
> seconds) instead of having the client constantly ask for new updates.

thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog