I had looked into that, but I could not figure out where to add it. The
entire process of accepting the connection and doing the necessary SSH
things to get the port forward working is handled entirely by Mina / SSHD;
there is no place for my application code to get into that process and mess
with the IoSession or SocketAcceptor.

I had thought down the filter road before, and I believe I would need
something like an NioSocketAcceptorFactory (a new interface) that the
TcpipForwardSupport uses in initialize(), giving me a chance to wire in
whatever additional Filters I want?

-Bill