On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Bob DeRemer <bob.dere...@thingworx.com> wrote:
> PROBLEM
>
> We’re using vysper in an embedded mode and have modified the BoshServlet to
> work in the context of our web application.  The Vysper bosh servlet seems to
> make use of Jetty servlet3 continuation, and we’re getting the following
> stack trace every 60 seconds.  60 seconds seems to be the default bosh
> session timeout when there is no activity:
>

> Is it possible that the internal continuation stuff is having a problem in
> Tomcat7 – which has native continuation support as part of the servlet3
> implementation?

The BOSH implementation uses Jetty proprietary extensions and thus
will only work in Jetty. So, either the implementation would need to
be patched with support for Tomcat, or you would need to run an
embedded Jetty server within Tomcat (or external to). I haven't looked
as the former option so I don't know how large the effort would be,
but it's sure something that the project would be interested in.

/niklas