I think you slightly transformed my thoughts: we're using the client
part heavily in Apache Karaf and derived projects, so it's stable and
works really great.  But there are some missing features.  So if
you're happy with the current state of features, I'd encourage you to
use it.  If there are missing features that you need, you'd be very
welcomed to propose patches for those.

--
Guillaume Nodet