Yes, MINA works on Android!

I have been using it to develop a publish/subscribe system that supports
Android clients. I think you won't be able to use built-in serialization,
though. Dalvik is not a standard JVM...

Other than that, I've had no issues.

My deployments include Android 2.3 and Android 4.1 using Nexus S smartphones
and the latest version of MINA. In fact, I think they are a great
combination...  :-)

Feel free to ask for further clarification.

Sent from my iPhone