Emanuel,

Thank you for the reply.

Since the mailing list system was not sending me replies, I was able to gain
access to the replies through the apache mail archives system.

I wrote "monotomic" which is a mis-spelling (lets blame it on the
auto-correction in Mac OSX) for "monotonic".  Monotonic, by nature means that
an ordering mechanism must always be progressing forward and in
order.(guaranteed order) e.g. 1,2,3,4,5

I will expand on my second question.

1. Lets say that there are 4 polling threads and one session.

2. Mina fires off messageReceived #1 during one polling cycle.  Protocol chain
is executing.

3. Another polling cycle comes around, the session has new information in the
buffer.

4. Will Mina fire off the new buffer while the previous cycle is still
executing?  say it takes longer than the polling cycle to complete processing
of the data.  Since my protocol is single threaded, do I need to make it aware
of multi threaded attempts to invoke it?

--
Jon V