Am 08.03.2013 14:18, schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny:
The writeFuture just inform you that the message has been pushed in the
socket. That does not mean it has been received by the peer.

The thing is that when you pull the peer cable, the server won't be
informed about it, so the server "thinks" that the connection is still
opened. There is absolutely nothing we can do about that, it's the way
TCP works.

@Geronimoo CB

tip: if possible, add a keep-alive-message on protocol level to overcome this.

I use the session-idle state to detect a non-active connection and send a "ping" message, which has to be replied by the remote side with a "pong" message within X seconds, otherwise the connection is considered as broken.

br,
Alex