How can I transmit a file in chunks of 512bytes where each chunk gets some
framing bytes before transmitting?
Any example or pseudo code is welcomed.
I just cannot figure out how to get the filter-chaining correct.

What I have got so far:
A "class MyFileRegion" which  "implements FileRegion" and a
"class MyFileRegionWriteFilter extends
AbstractStreamWriteFilter<MyFileRegion>"
which overwrites getMessageClass and getNextBuffer. This Filter is
responsible for
generating the data chunks and is the first filter in chain.
Then I have a "MessageCodecFactory extends DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory"
where
I would like to add a message encoder which takes care of the additional
framing bytes
and gets set up like this: "super.addMessageEncoder(MyFileRegion.class,
MyFileRegionEncoder.class);"
The "class MyFileRegionEncoder implements MessageEncoder<MyFileRegion>" but
it's encode-method
is never called.

The 512 byte-chunks do get send but without the framing-bytes.
How must the chaining and the MessageEncoder be, so that it's encode-method
gets called.