Le 06/07/15 16:07, Alexander Christian a écrit :

> Am 06.07.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny:
>> A lot ! We already have the basic features present, like socket and
>> datagram NIO impl, plus SSL, and the codec filter is present. But there
>> are many missing features...
> My library mainly uses:
>
> * ProtocolCodecFilter with an own binary protocol
> * SSL Filter to be able to encrypt/decrypt the communication
> * NIO socket
> * session related stuff
>
> And as I understand you right: This should already work with 3.0.0-M2,
> right?

Correct.

>>> I saw that 3.0.0 development is kind of "sleeping".
>> jeff committed the http2 codec last month. It's not going fast, though,
>> as we are all pretty much busy on other things. OTOH, this is a good
>> opportunity for those who want to contribute !
> That's fine for people who rely on high-level stuff I guess (don't
> write theri own protocol). But beside that: Are all/most of the
> low-level features of mina are working?

We have not implemented many filters that MINA has : firewall, executor,
keepalive, statistic, stream...

>>> Is there a roadmap to 3.0 release, escpecially w.r.t. time?
>> No.
>>
>> I'd like to find 2 weeks to implement the LDAP codec, which would
>> require a few more features to be implemented in MINA 3 (demux handler).
>> May be this summer ?
>
> This summer sounds okay. So I assume that it is a good idea to already
> use 3.0.0-M2 to adapt to the new api structure? For my new release it
> would be sufficient if it's "final" end of this year. So "this summer"
> for 3.0.0 release would fit...

I didn't say we will release a R.0.0 final this summer, nor by the end
of this year. It's not how it works here :-)

The idea is to go with milestones atm. Each milestone should work (ie,
we don't release if there are some obvious bugs), but it's likely that
some code and API is going to change before the release.