I also posted this to the developers mailing list as I did not know which one
is more appropriate.

For background the Netconf Protocol
(rfc6241<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241>) supports a Call Home feature
where the Netconf server (SSH server) initiates a connection. In this case, the
Netconf server initiates a TCP connection to TCP port 4334. What needs to
happen is that the TCP connection request is accepted by code in the SSH client
application and then this TCP connection needs to be used to establish the SSH
client to SSH server connection.

So we need to initiate a client SSH connection using Apache MINA SSHD using an
already established TCP connection.   The TCP connection could be established
using Apache MINA CORE if required.   This is to support a SSH server
application (Netconf with Call Home) so that it can work behind a NAT firewall.
  In this case the TCP connection will originate from within a device behind
the NAT firewall by establishing an outbound TCP connection.   We wish to use
that TCP connection and pass it to the Apache MINA SSHD client for its SSH use.

We are having trouble figuring out what we need to provide or implement or
inject to allow the SshClient to connect using the already established TCP
connection. We cannot use the normal "SshClient.connect" methods as those will
try to establish a separate TCP connection.

Right now we are trying to use a NioSocketAcceptor with our own
IoHandlerAdpater and in the "sessionOpened" method, hand off the session
somehow to the the SshClient.

Any guidance on how to move forward will be greatly appreciated.
--
Brett Bergquist – Chief Software Architect
100 Bank Street, Seymour CT 06483

Canoga Perkins
20600 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 718-6300

This e-mail and any attached document(s) is confidential and is intended only
for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and discard the
original message and any attachment(s).