On 07.10.22 17:31 , Stefan Müller wrote:
The SSHD server shows following error while receiving an file:

[NioProcessor-18] [WARN ] exceptionCaught(ServerSessionImpl[<private/address:port>])[state=Opened]

IllegalStateException: Bad length (32796) for cmd=SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA - max. allowed=32768

My first thought is that it is only a warning and I can ignore it. But the received file is empty. After looking at the source code i think it is an error and the client sends too much data.

Can somebody explain what is going on?

I know this is nearly a year old, but maybe you're still interested. We've finally figured it out.

It appears to be a bug in a particular SFTP client. See

* https://github.com/apache/mina-sshd/issues/403
* https://community.progress.com/s/question/0D54Q0000ASQm9FSQT/bad-length-32796-for-cmdsshmsgchanneldata-max-allowed32768

Cheers,

  Thomas