Right.  I think Heath's situation is a little unusual.  I can't
personally see  a situation where the component is disabled on the JSF
side and I would want change its value via javascript and resubmit it.
 I didn't realize this was what he wanted until his last post.

I agree with you too that if you really need to do this, Heath's idea
of  re-enabling the checkbox (or whatever) before submitting is the
way to go.

sean

PS.  Heath, does this mean that MYFACES-78 can be closed?