You need to specify Myfaces extensions filter in your web.xml, see the example
web.xml. It's a clever, clever way of handling access to packaged resources,
but it should really be documented properly somewhere, or maybe some underlying
code could log a warning if it's not there. Some of the guys here as well were
more than a little confused about it a while ago.

Kalle