Le Mar 4, 2005, à 4:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

I've been poking around the new subview stuff Craig has added to
Shale.  Do you know if it supports Tiles yet?  I seem to recall that
is in Craig's long range plan... (Documentation is obviously a little
sketchy at this point)

I know that tiles support is something that he plans to include because the mentioned that when I approached him about my subview ideas. I don't think that he has committed yet if it's done. He indicated that he’s been consumed.

Support for Tiles is definitely a goal for Shale. What form that will ultimately take hasn't been decided yet.

Realize that you don't need Shale Tile support to use Tiles with JSF. All you have to do is wrap tile inserts in subviews, like this:

<f:subview id="header">
   <tiles:insert attribute="header"/>
</f:subview>

Make sure you provide an id attribute for your subview. The convention is to name the subview the same as the tile (or tile attribute) that you're inserting.

Other than the subview thing, you use Tiles exactly as you would without JSF, although content for your tiles will typically contain JSF components. As for layouts, I like to keep my layouts free of JSF components so I can use them with plain JSP, Struts, Faces, etc.

david

Gary

sean

Gary,