Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

in short to 2) that is *normal* in JSF

Strange - if you feel like it could you (or someone else) explain why this is so I can get a better understanding of JSF internals? I assume this is something that will addressed in future specs? It just doesn't seem right that something so basic being broken is considered normal.

use <redirect/> inside of your navigation rules
and you'll see the *right* page.

Thanks - I tried this and while it does show the right page, now the active navigation entry is no longer higlighted!

1) If I go to another page (which also has a commandNavigation link) via some other action like a commandLink, the active commandNavigation does not get updated.
2) The URL in the location bar reflects the last page navigated to rather than the current one.