Depends on a lot of factors, but generally, it is less expensive to
avoid reading the database. So when you do an update/insert, you just
need to make sure you are updating your data object too, then keep the
the object "alive" with x:saveState. x:datatable is only a UI element
for displaying the data, so it's repopulated either with the data from
db or from data saved with x:savedState.

Kalle