Thanks for the information.
-----Original Message-----
From: Heath Borders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:14 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: How to set a component's value in validator method

Yes.  Inside your validator, you receive an instance of the UIComponent whose value is being validated.

Just cast the UIComponent to an EditableValueHolder and set its value to null.  During the Update Model Values phase, the null value will get propagated up to your bean.

However, if another component does not validate, the component will attempt to render the component with a null value, which might not make sense.