Oh! you mentioned about setting a footer to the column?  I was thinking about
the table footer as Aaron mentioned. I have to try how this works.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Broekelmann, Mathias [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

You should use a footer for the last "row". Just use the footer facet like the
facet for the header. Donīt place the object "Y" into the the datamodel but
access it through a managed bean which may also hold the datamodel with the
rows.

A short example:

<h:datatable value="#{data.rowValues}" var="row">
        <h:column>
                <f:facet name="footer">
                        <h:outputText value="#{data.stringValueY}" />
                </f:facet>
                <h:outputText value="#{row.stringValueX}" />
        </h:column>
        <h:column>
                <f:facet name="footer">
                        <h:selectOneListBox value="#{data.listBoxValueY}" >
                                <f:selectItems value="#{data.selectItemsY}" />
                        </h:selectOneListBox>
                </f:facet>
                <h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{row.booleanValueX}" />
        </h:column></h:datatable>
</h:datatable>

Hope that helps

Mathias