From: Stefan Langer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:17 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: JSF to JFC

Hello,

I tried something like that a while ago (pre JSF), but we stopped doing
it. Problem back then was we needed to setup our own layout and widget
language (used a custom xml dialect) which resultet in a lot of parsing
of xml and we had to develope most components from scratch. IMHO you
have to get away from your jsp pages or else you need to parse your html
and transform it into a layout for your swing app. Anything else will
produce a gui you won't be happy with. (And this is just one of many
problems)
BTW we stopped the whole thing because it would have cost us too much
time. It's easier to provide the two different presentation layers and
use same backend logic.
If you find a feasable solution be sure to report it as I'm interested
on how they solved the problems we encountered.

Regards
Stefan