Say I have a form to do a search and a backing bean called SearchBean:

<h:form>
<h:inputText value="#{searchBean.searchValue}"/>
<x:inputCalendar value="#{searchBean.lastModified}"/>
<h:commandButton type="submit" action="#{search.search}"/>
</h:form>

Now say I want to have simple links with predefined values for the search
parameters,
a quick search link:

<h:form
<h:commandLink action="#{search.search}">
<h:outputText value="Quick Search"/>
<h:inputHidden value="*"/>
<h:inputHidden value="04/05/2005"/>
</h:commandLink>
</h:form>

How do I associate the hidden input values with the search bean methods that
holds
their values? It seems like in this case I have to id all the components, get
the
request, and populate the search bean myself or I have to create the search
bean so
it binds components instead of values. Is there a simple way to do this that
I'm
missing?

--
Rob