I added a custom validator on the inputCalendar component. In particular, the
validator I used was the LaterThanValidator from Hans Bergsten's JSF book. When
there
is no validation problem everything is fine. When there is a validation problem
the
validator sets a faces message in a ValidatorException. I would like to display
that
message next to the field in question so I have a <h:message for="mend"/> tag
there.

But the inputCalendar seems to swallow up the ValidatorException and throw a
ServletException instead:

[13 Apr 2005 16:10:04,366] ERROR <org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag ->
InsertTag.java:920> [TP-Processor2] -
        ServletException in '/SearchHeader.jsp': Expected submitted value of
type Date
for component : {Component-Path : [Class:
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /search.jsp][Class:
javax.faces.component.UINamingContainer,Id: header][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _id19][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.calendar.HtmlInputCalendar,Id: mend]}
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Expected submitted value of type Date for
component : {Component-Path : [Class:
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /search.jsp][Class:
javax.faces.component.UINamingContainer,Id: header][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _id19][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.calendar.HtmlInputCalendar,Id: mend]}

The id of the component (mend) is correct. What happened to my
ValidationException?
It's not in the stack trace and the message 'Expected submitted value of type
Data for
component' is a message from inputCalendar component, not the message my
validator
threw.

--
Rob