Hi Jan,

Remember: You should not do bussiness logik in the presentation layer. Thatīs
why it is and will be not possible that way.

Try to use a managed bean which initializes and holds your contact list.
Provide a getContacts() method in that bean which returns the initialized
contact beans. While initializing the contacts you take the connection and call
the setConnection method for each contact.

Example:

<h:datatable value="#{data.contacts}" var="contact">
        <h:column>
                <h:outputText value="#{contract.name}" />
        </h:column>
</h:datatable

Ps: do you load every contact through a separate database query? If so try
lot.

Mathias