From: Opstvedt, Hermod
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:33 PM
To: 'MyFaces Discussion'
Subject: RE: Tabbed pane - retaining focus

Hi

Thanks. I'll give it a try

Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:28 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion

I'm not sure if this behaviour of MyFaces tabbedPanes is a bug or
intended.
Here's a the 'dirty' hack we use:

In the JSF page bind the tabbedPane to your 'backing session bean'

class MangedBean
{
    private HtmlPanelTabbedPane tabbedPaneBinding;

    public void setTabbedPaneBinding(HtmlPanelTabbedPane binding) {
        if (tabbedPaneBinding != null) {

binding.setSelectedIndex(tabbedPaneBinding.getSelectedIndex());
        }
        else {
            binding.setSelectedIndex(getDefaultPane());
        }
        tabbedPaneBinding = binding;
    }

    public HtmlPanelTabbedPane getTabbedPaneBinding() {
        return tabbedPaneBinding;
    }

    private int getDefaultPane()
    {
       return 0;
    }

Cheers Matthias

Matthias Jung
PrismTech (Germany) GmbH
Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, D-10119 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49-30-440306-38
Fax  : +49-30-440306-78

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.xtradyne.com | http://www.prismtech.com

* XTRADYNE Security Infrastructure - a PRISMTECH Product Line *

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've searched around, but have not found any way of doing the following
>:
>
>I have a tabbedPane, and when I select a tab (other than the first) and
>then submit something on it, I want the selected tab to be in focus
when
>the request returns. When I do it now, it is always focused on the
first
>tab.
>
>Hermod

* *

>This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or
>entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR
Group
>cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding
correspondence with