Hi!

I had the same problem with a dataTable. Check:

<h:dataTable value="#{PegeBean.lists}" var="item">
  <h:column>
    <h:commandLink action="#{PageBean.details}" value="#{item.name}"/>
  </h:column>
</h:dataTable>

The problem was that, when I clicked on the link JSF called my backing
bean's getLists() method befor calling the details() method. But due
to other problems it returned an empty Vector. That's why my details()
method never called. I modified my getLists() method to return to
correct Vector object with the right values, and since then everything
goes fine.

--
 Csík Norbert          http://norbert.web.elte.hu/
 Programtervező matematikus