Hi,

I think your problem will not be solved even if it is possible to catch
the close event of the browser. It is always possible that the
connection between your app and the user is broken and the user can not
call the logout method.

Try using a javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener instance and
implement your "clean-up" code in the sessionDestroyed method and
register the class through your web.xml file.

Mathias