From: Bjørn T Johansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 8:52 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Best practice?

I was wondering what's the best way of handling the following:

- A managed bean need to be "filled" with data from a database using DAO
methods; is
it best just to pass the managed bean as parameter og should one use another VO
bean
and populate the managed bean from the VO bean?

- when moving to a page, some fields need to be filled with existing values, is
this
best done in the action method that "calls" the new page and value binding
against a
managed bean for that page or is there another better way of doing this?

Regards,

BTJ