Csík Norbert wrote:
Hi!

I think this is becase your backing beans are request scope. When you
display the second tab it is empty, because submitting the page with
the first tab doesn't set those values.

Actually the problem is caused by this, in a midnight debugging session
it seemed to me, that only the visible elements get submitted over
the tab change, but the problem itself is much deeper nested, than on the tabbing pane, I have not debugged into the myfaces code yet, due to time constraints, but the panel stack follows the same problematic behavior of not rendering->not passing (another attempt yesterday night before I settled to a javascript/css combo)

I am not sure if the problem really is fully solvable on component level to everybodies satisfaction without introducing another bunch of constructs or moving things to client side only without roundtripping.