Hi,

on 15.06.2005 15:37 Martin Marinschek said the following:

this is the code from MyFaces, and it shows that the phase listener
should only be added once:
[...]

Yep.

I shortly looked over the rest of the code, don't see any problems there...

Maybe you got two faces-config.xml files in different directories and
this is why they are called twice?

After debugging the faces servlet initialisation (which is done through "org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener") I found the solution:

During the servlet initialisation the method "configure()" in "org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator" is called. This method calls a number of other methods to read configuration (files). Especially the following two methods are important in this case:

 feedContextSpecifiedConfig();
 feedWebAppConfig();

Due to the fact that I declared my faces config file in web.xml as a context-param it was read twice because it is read from web.xml through "feedContextSpecifiedConfig()" and also hard coded in "feedWebAppConfig()"!

String systemId = "/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml";

Is this desired behaviour? I thought I have to declare my faces config file in web.xml and didn't know, that it is hard coded.

Greets, Daniel
--
Orientation in Objects GmbH
Weinheimerstr. 68