Dr JW Harley                                  Senior Technologist
E-lab, IT Services Department, University of Warwick, Coventry UK
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    www.warwick.ac.uk/staff/J.W.Harley/

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/17/05 02:19AM >>>
> Yes, I was thinking about that, but it seemed a bit hacky to me -
> especially since it depends on the order that the properties are set.

You could always have ALL of the setters call your init method at
the end, and have init return without action until all needed
properties are present. It's not pretty but at least it's more
robust.

> Actually, you're right - having Spring manage it works, since it has
> application scope anyway.

> So if the scope had to be something more transient than application
> scope, I would have to use the jsf-spring package?

jsf-spring does allow you to use JSF scopes in Spring, yes. And it
does work with MyFaces - as long as you take the broken
faces-config.xml out of the jsf-spring.jar.

Jon.