Thanks Adrien - I guess we wrote e-mails at the same time... as stated in the previous e-mail I have just tried such a solution. Still I wish there was a more standard way...

R.

Adrien FOURES wrote:

Hello Randahl,

If i have understand your question, try this:

[...]
<script language="Javascript">
function test(){
document.getElementById('mySecretAndHiddenForm:sendProperties').click();
}
</scipt>

or

[...]
<script language="Javascript">
test();
function test(){
document.getElementById('mySecretAndHiddenForm:sendProperties').click();
}
</script>

Adrien

Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote:

I have a page which detects some browser properties (browser window width, etc.) and I would like to submit these capabilities automatically using a javascript like

document.forms['mySecretAndHiddenForm'].submit();

However this does not seem to work. In other words: Automatically invoking submit from javascript does not seem to yeild the same results as making the user click a form button manually - probably because the action of the form is never set.

Is there a standard way to submit hidden form fields using javascript? Now I guess I could manually set the action of the form to something like
"#{evaluationBean.evaluate}"
using javascript and then call submit afterwards, but it does not feel right to hard-code this into my javascript - I sence there has got to be a better, cleaner way.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Randahl

Here follows my forms JSF code:
               <h:form id="mySecretAndHiddenForm">
<h:inputText id="windowInnerWidth" value="#{evaluationBean.windowInnerWidth}"/> <h:inputText id="windowInnerHeight" value="#{evaluationBean.windowInnerHeight}"/>
[...]
                   <h:commandButton
                       id="sendProperties"
                       type="SUBMIT"