Hi Werner,

As we've been discussing, I'm only interested in getting a reference
to the object being processed by each row in the DataTable, so IMHO
the perfect point to get it is in the getRowData method.

Currently, I'm loading the entire collection at once. This is an
interesting area of discussion about pagination. After some
investigation and comments from other developers, I ended up by just
retrieving an exact number of records, e.g. the first 1000, because it
does makes not make so much sense to implement such a complicated
DataModel, and it would be as simple as asking the users to refine
their searching criteria. So I simply use the Criteria API with
setMaxResults(int max) to limit the number of results.