Balaji Saranathan wrote:

Hi,

I have some custom components built that have been bundled as a jar file. However, when I access them in my JSF page, I get ClassNotFoundException. The environment doesn’t seem to pick it up from the jar file. Can you clarify if I can bundle my own components,the faces-config.xml and TLD file in the jar itself. Is it possible?

Yes it is, I indeed did it once to test things...
Also myfaces does it as well.

You however have to follow the guidelines regarding component packs
from the sun jsf homepage.
(There also is a wiki entry in the myfaces wiki regardung this)