From: alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:26 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Replacing JSF EL with JavaScript

Dennis Byrne wrote:

>Are you under the impression that EL functions cannot accept
>parameters?

Just again to this point of the discussion:

I tried myself to write a function that would return the size of a
java.util.List passed as parameter. However, it works fine with JSTL
(core),

    <c:out value="${my:listSize(bean.list)}" />

but when I try to use the same thing with JSF-EL of myfaces like this:

    <h:outputText value="#{my:listSize(bean.list)}" />

it does not work. Take a look at the error message:

javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: Functions not supported in
expressions. Function: my:listSize

And you cannot set a JSTL-expression as value of a myfaces-component.

Just for your info

Regards
Alex