From: Richard Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 7:52 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Variable cell style classes in data table

Hey everyone,

I've got a report that I'm displaying with <h:dataTable>. Depending on the value to be displayed the background color of the cell should be a different shade. So for low values, it'd be like a really light yellow, for high values it'd be a much darker yellow, etc. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this with MyFaces?

I had sort of hoped that something like the following would work:

<h:column styleClass="#{reportHandler.styleClass}">

But, as I found out, styleClass isn't a valid attribute for the <h:column> element.

Any ideas?  Am I stuck rendering this sucker with plain old JSP and JSTL?

Thanks,
Rich