De : Clément Maignien
Envoyé : mercredi 24 août 2005 10:37
À : MyFaces Discussion
Objet : s:inputSuggest : some others improvement to do

I've noticed some more improvements to make on this sandbox component.
I don't know if they really comes from the component itself but I here they are :

1- I have a small JSF page with an s:inputSuggest component and an t:inputDate component under it.
When clicking inside the inputSuggest a dropdown box open and displays firsts suggests. The problem is that under IE (not Firefox) the dropdown-box is displayed behind the inputDate, hiding some suggests.

2- It also seems that under Firefox (not IE), the page vertical lenght is increased depending on the number of items in the inputSuggest. A white space is displayed under the last element of the page. In my case I try to avoid the use of the page scroller in my webapp pages, and now there is a scroller displayed because of this big white space.

Are those problems come from the browsers or the component implementation ?

3- When you click inside the inputSuggest and then click outside without typing anything or choosing an item, I get a value of "-1" in the model. In fact, a new suggest is added to the component with an empty string as label and -1 as value. Is this the expected behaviour of the inputSuggest component ?

Thx,
Clément.