I'm trying to move an application from the RI to MyFaces. I've got the StartupServletContextListener specified in web.xml, but when I try to access the application, I get the following unpleasantness:

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init must be called before!
    javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:125)
org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter.doFilter (ShaleApplicationFilter.java:280)

I have no idea what that message means (before *what*!?!) or what to do about it. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,

david